Take Notice, Take Action
The problem of tobacco is huge, but taking even the smallest step can help protect those you care about from its devastating effects:
- Nearly 40,000 Californians still die from tobacco every year.1
- Thousands of youth try smoking for the first time every day.
- Millions continue to be exposed to secondhand smoke.
- Toxic cigarette butts are everywhere and pollute our environment.
Click on a topic to the left to learn what you can do to help in the fight against tobacco.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Health Consequences and Costs, Smoking-Attributable Mortality (SAM) - SAMMEC, 2000-2004, Atlanta, GA.